The nursery is based in a converted and extended family house. This gives the whole building a homely atmosphere, which helps to make children feel safe and secure in its surroundings.
Every room is specifically designed for certain activities, in line with the Early Years ECERS (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale) or ITERS (Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale) guidelines, with a vast range of age- specific resources. The nursery has amtico flooring throughout, to keep its clean and healthy feel, and this is complimented by rugs and cushions to further add to the home-like environment.
Our Toddler area has it's own separate entrance, allowing our youngest children not to feel overwhelmed by entering via the bustling Pre-School area. The nursery is secured by a number of locked outdoor gates, to ensure the security of all our staff and children, and our front doors lock from the inside as an additional security measure. Our internal phone system links all areas of the nursery together at the touch of a button.
The nursery is a family- run business that has been operating for over 30 years. We have built an excellent reputation across the city with parents and childcare professionals alike.
We pride ourselves on having consistently gained Outstanding Ofsted reports. The nursery is continually striving to maintain our high standards, and we are always looking for ways to improve and enhance our childcare provision.
We are very proud of our outdoor areas, and the experiences and facilities they offer. Our main garden boasts the following:
- Woodland walk for exploring nature
- Gravel pit for construction and building activities
- Pirate ship and climbing frame with slide to help develop our children's physical abilities
- Large paved area, bike track, sand pit and ball pool
- A growing area for fruit, flowers and vegetables
- Water area in the summer with pouring, floating and sinking activities
- Covered decking area to allow outdoor play in all weathers
In addition, we have a separate fenced off area for our toddlers, with safety surfacing and age appropriate activities.
Our smaller back garden, mainly used by our Raindrop children, is split into two areas:
- An artificial grass area with climbing frame and play house, offering early walkers the safety of a cushioned floor
- An activity area with smaller bikes, diggers and cars, and sand and water play