By abcnurser26603002, Feb 19 2015 01:26PM
ABC NURSERY FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER
• FROZEN WEEK- Next week in nursery we are having a Frozen Week- based on Disney’s Frozen film. We are going to be decorating the rooms of the nursery and ask if children wish to dress up as a Frozen character or similar then please do so.
• WELLY WALK- We will also be doing our sponsored Welly Walk during next week, dependent upon the weather. Please bring your child’s wellies in with them each day they are in nursery. We will put information on the Daily Notice Boards once the walks have taken place. You should have a sponsorship form in your child’s drawer for this- please ask a member of staff if you would like another copy.
• PARENTS’ EVENING- Just a reminder that Parents’ Evening is to be held on Tuesday 10th March from 6:15pm- 8:00pm. Diana Bedi, our Finance Officer, will be present throughout the evening to answer any questions you may have regarding fees or funding. Sheets will shortly be going up on the notice boards for you to sign up for a slot to meet with your child’s key carer.
• PARENTS’ FORUM- The next meeting for the Parents’ Forum is Tuesday 24th February at 8:00pm. We look forward to seeing as many as possible of you there.
• SPRING FAYRE- Will be held on Saturday 9th May. Please put this date in your diary!
• TAPESTRY- We would like to encourage parents to upload photos and videos of their children onto the Tapestry system, for example of special occasions or family outings. The children love looking at these and sharing them with their peers at group time.
• WET CLOTHES- Can we remind parents to check their child’s peg (or basket in Baby Room) for any wet or dirty clothes to take home. Please remember to also restock peg bags with clean spare clothing.
• PARENT/ GRANDPARENT VOLUNTEERS- Just a reminder that we are always looking for volunteers to come into nursery to either simply help out or to share a special skill with the children (e.g. gardening). If you would like to volunteer at any point please speak to the Nursery Manager to arrange a suitably convenient date.
• SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD AT HOME- You should receive a Next Steps email in the next week or so, to indicate what we will be working on with your child over the next half term. This may help in supporting your child’s learning and development at home. In addition, we will shortly be starting our next 6-week medium term plan in each area. Should you wish to have a copy of this emailed to you, please let us know.
Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us